Monday, February 22, 2010

Feeling Like The Weather

Well the cold I've been convinced would go away hasn't. Stuffy. So I'll stay in out of the rain trying to give this thing a chance. That should do it, right? Eh? Listening to stories of those out serving at 6:30 a.m. to the masses loading buses on their way up to Whistler. The second team serves downtown where they get to literally run hot chocolate and coffee 8-10 blocks every 20-mins. Everyone asks us "Why are you doing this ?" and we smile and say just showing the love of God in a very practical way. While there are a thousand cutie faces in the crowd hankering for a good cup of warm cocoa, there are still amongst the global celebrations the not so cutie faces that walk the streets day-in-day-out hoping for a warm bed. I am reminded of the exponential blessing that is my life. The reminder to be more mindful of those across my path be it next door or across the continents.

Canadian word of the day: loony is one dollar. toony is two dollar. Right, eh?

Well off to nap time to see if I can get rid of this ickle bug and hopefully get my voice back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! May God shine His light on you today!